Premium Membership: FAQ and Signup Link

Official, important announcements and updates will be posted here. If there's anything new, you should probably read it.
mdvaldosta
Maintenance Man
Maintenance Man
Forum URL: https://support.prophpbb.com/

August 6th, 2009, 4:08 pm

Welcome future Premium Members! This is a feature we offer that upgrades your current ProphpBB hosted forum (with all the great stuff that come standard) to include a few extra special features.

Benefits of Upgrading to A Premium Forum
  • Your users can upload photos and attachments within your forum
  • Unlock sending mass PMs to users or usergroups
  • Remove any and all advertisements from your forum
  • Display your own advertisements in the header, footer, and after the first post in every topic
  • Get 10,000 characters in the footer code area instead of 2,000
  • Never have your forum removed for inactivity
  • No rules requiring publicly viewable content, can show all or none of your forum to guests.
  • Change the copyright message at the bottom of your forum
  • Access to a special support forum just for premium members
  • Download backups of your forum, and generate local backups that you can restore from
  • Earn some amazing karma knowing that you're helping to support our service!
Upgrade To A Premium Forum
The cost is $5 per month or $49/yr. We process credit cards via Stripe with SSL.
If you're happy with our service, please consider upgrading to a premium forum. We'd really appreciate the support.

[Please don't PM (private message) me for support. Questions are best asked in a forum topic.]

mdvaldosta
Maintenance Man
Maintenance Man
Forum URL: https://support.prophpbb.com/

August 6th, 2009, 10:12 pm

Here are a few answers to what would likely be frequently asked questions.

Q: After I signup, how long does it take to get setup as a Premium Member?
A: If it's during business hours (EST), in as little as a few minutes. If you signup late at night or on the weekend, it may be the first business morning depending on scheduling. It's often fairly quick though. Please give us 24 hours.

Q: Can I signup for a year at once at a discount? What if I have more than one forum, can I get discounts for that?
A: Yes, there's a discount link above for paying a year in advance. You'll get two months free going that route. The cost is on a per-forum basis.

Q: Do I still have to show 70% of my forums to guests/bots if I have a Premium Forum?
A: Nope! You can do pretty much whatever you want, as long as it's not illegal or against our terms of use. The 70% publicly viewable content rule is in place because guests are the only people who see advertisements on free forums, and if you don't show content to guests then we have no way of paying for your service. Since you're paying directly, you can do whatever you want - however you want.

Q: Can I pay to upgrade someone else's forum?
A: Sure you can. You won't be able to get backups or do other things that require confirmation from the forum registrant's email address, unless they let us know that it is OK.

Q: So I can put my own ads on my forum, once I become Premium?
A: Yes you can! You'll be able to put your own ads in the header, footer, and after the first post in every topic if you wanted to. You can even control who sees advertisements, whether it be just guests or everyone.

Q: What if I want to cancel?
A: You're free to cancel your subscription at any time, and you don't need our permission. You can do this by clicking on the manage subscription link in the last payment confirmation email you received. If you cancel, your forum will return to it's standard status as will any additional features or permissions you've attained by being a Premium member.
If you're happy with our service, please consider upgrading to a premium forum. We'd really appreciate the support.

[Please don't PM (private message) me for support. Questions are best asked in a forum topic.]